Hypothyroidism and weight lossIf you want to lose weight despite hypothyroidism, you need to rethink your diet wisely. First of all, forget about supplements to accelerate weight loss, because you never know how they will affect the work of this delicate organ or drugs that must be taken in hypothyroidism.
Warning! Each measure that you are going to take, you need to consult an endocrinologist. Unfortunately, in the case of hypothyroidism gland does not help "ordinary" slimming diet. If you restrict yourself only to reduce the amount of foods can lead to disorders of the body.
Fish in dietLook around the store where you can buy a good fish. Important: It must be the fish of the sea, which contain a large dose of iodine - essential element of the thyroid to function properly and to produce hormones.
Therefore, in your menu should appear cod, salmon, flatfish, mackerel and herring. If possible, buy fresh fish and cooked them yourself (smoked are usually very salty, and salt causes water retention in the body and can be additionally by heavier).
Reach also the algae, which are very healthy and rich in iodine.
Warning! In your menu should not be too much of foods that interfere with the absorption of iodine by the body. These include cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, soybeans, turnips, swedes.
In addition, fish are a valuable source of protein, and this is important in a diet, because protein speeds up the metabolism. Need approx. 80-100 g per day, that transformation was faster.
Therefore it is recommended daily serving of 100-150 g of fish or lean meat, and 2-3 servings of milk products (yogurt, kefir, skim cheese), preferably with the elimination of cow's milk (including lactose), in favor of goat's milk.
Value consume not less than 0.5 kg per day and about 200 g of fruit. Better metabolism are especially: sprouts, celery, tomatoes, green beans, spinach, endive, apples, strawberries, grapefruit, raspberries.
It obtaining help you:
1. Herbs. Especially marjoram, cumin, rue. And red tea.
2. Regularity. Often (five times daily) eaten small meals turn up the metabolism.
3. Water. You should drink at least 1.5 liters of fluid a day.
4. Exercises. If they last for a minimum of 45 minutes and are intense, metabolism is increased even for several hours after their completion.
5. Dietary fiber. Reduces the absorption of carbohydrates, it hinders the absorption of fat, regulates bowel function. The best sources of dietary fiber for people with a sick thyroid is puffed buckwheat, brown rice, wild vegetables, wholemeal bread (preferably gluten-free).