In most cases responsible for the formation of an ulcer bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Infection occurs by ingestion, usually in childhood.
Note! Some people infected with this bacterium does not cause any symptoms and do not need treatment, while others may be activated and then the antibiotic is needed.
Helicobacter pylori damage the mucosa of the stomach and duodenum, causing inflammation and lead to ulcers. It deepens gradually as a result of irritation of hydrochloric acid.
Note! In addition to the bacterial cause of peptic ulcer disease may be prolonged or excessive intake of analgesics from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or steroids.
If you suffer from peptic ulcer disease follow a few guidelines:
- eat meals every 3-4 hours, for too long intervals between them increase gastric acid secretion;
- unsubscribe from fried foods, fatty foods, especially in the evening. Eat a light dinner no later than one hour before bedtime. Meat, fish, vegetables, boil in water, steam, bake in foil, simmer without frying;
- avoid spicy foods (eg. peppercorns, chillies, curry horseradish and mustard and vinegar), legumes and rye, wholemeal bread;
- off from the diet chocolate, cakes and greasy creams;
- restrict or eating silage, mayonnaise;
- do not drink coffee, especially on an empty stomach, strong tea, carbonated beverages.
Eat gentle on the stomach, for example. Wheat and stale bread, and meat or fish with lots of vegetables - beets, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, spinach. You can also eat jellies, jelly, cake yeast.
Best to drink it: weak tea, coffee, cereal, still water.
Present in the seeds of flax seed coat the stomach wall lock and protect them from irritating hydrochloric acid. Fresh ground beans add to your meals, sprinkle them sandwiches.
It is preferable to drinking the brew - a spoonful of seeds pour a glass of boiling water and steam The cover 30 minutes. Strain. 1/2 cup of drink on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening or between meals.
That avoid the peptic ulcer
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (including non-prescription analgesics and antipyretics including aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac) used in excess promote ulcer.
Note! If you are taking anticoagulants permanently based on acetylsalicylic acid, and you have an ulcer, you should also take preparation, reducing the secretion of hydrochloric acid. If necessary, ulcers, better reach for anti-inflammatory drugs containing acetaminophen because they are safer.
People suffering from ulcers milk was recommended because of the acidifying properties. But it turns out that drinking this beverage neutralized stomach acid only a few minutes. However, the current in the milk calcium ions as a consequence of increased acid secretion. Therefore, when symptoms are severe, it is better to give up drinking milk.