What's healthy for breakfast?People who start the day with millet, drink less coffee.
10 unusual properties of millet1. De-acidification of the body. Acidification often leads to the development of diseases such as allergy, asthma, atherosclerosis, arthritis, stomach ulcers, and even cancer. It cleanses the deposits and toxins after antibiotics and other medicines.
2. Do not contain gluten. It is recommended by its intolerance and celiac disease patients. This is an important component of gluten-free diet.
3. Protects joints. It is a unique source of silica, which protects and regenerates the bones and joints. It also strengthens blood vessels and prevents atherosclerosis. It regenerates hair and nails. Firms the skin.
4. It improves memory and concentration. It provides lecithin, a substance that has a beneficial effect on the brain. It protects against the development of Alzheimer's disease and dementia before.
5. It is easy to digest. Recommended for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, eg. constipation, gastric ulcers and mycoses type of candidiasis.
6. The following energy. 100 g of millet almost 378 kcal and 10 g of a very valuable protein. Precisely for this reason it is recommended that the weakening and vegetarians.
7. Runs anti-stress. It is rich in magnesium, potassium and vitamin B. These ingredients strengthen the nervous system, relieve depression and anxiety. Make it better we cope with stress.
8. It helps you lose weight. The active substances contained in millet improve metabolism. Therefore it is recommended to people who want to lose weight.
9. Fights viruses and bacteria. It removes excess mucus from the body, which is the cause of frequent inflammation of the upper respiratory tract.
10. Slows aging. It contains antioxidant compounds inhibit the damaging effects of free radicals.
How to cook millet?
Boiled water: before cooking millet, rinse it thoroughly. Just 2-3 times, each time pour the water until no longer cloudy. Then pour boiling water in a ratio of 2 to 1, slightly posól sea salt or Himalayan and cook 30 minutes covered.
Roasted before cooking: cereal you can first roast in a dry pot, pour a small amount of boiling water, rinse again, pour boiling water and cook.
Warning! For cooking millet, add a teaspoon of oil (eg, coconut or rapeseed). This will facilitate the absorption contained in porridge vitamins A, D, E and K.
Millet for breakfastMillet is a rich source of complex carbohydrates which during digestion slowly release energy. As a result, after eating jaglanki breakfast you will be full of energy until noon.
Preparation: to 1 1/2 liters of boiling water pour 3 tablespoons of millet and 3 tablespoons of oatmeal. Add the pinch of ginger and turmeric. Cook for half an hour. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice, 5 throw in chopped walnuts, a teaspoon of raisins, dried cranberries and blueberries heals. Cook 10 minutes. For flavor you can add a half teaspoon of butter and honey.