Herbs for hair lossHerbal extracts that have a therapeutic effect for the whole body, may also be used to keep hair in good condition. The anti-hair loss treatment includes extracts from horsetail, rosemary, birch and nettle.
Why does hair fall out?The causes of hair loss can be divided into physiological that are associated with the natural processes occurring in the body, and the disease requiring treatment. For the physiological changes should eg. hair loss after childbirth, when you can lose even their half.
This is mainly because pregnancy hormones inhibit their loss, so head hair are new and those that normally would long ago have fallen. After the birth, while changing hormone levels and therefore begins to decrease the number of hairs.
Another reason for the negative influence of the external environment, resulting in hair they do dry to break and fall out. Often this happens after summer vacation, when you do not wear a hat or headscarf. Then scalp fired, and tan is from a medical point of view inflammation of the skin, or her illness.
Herbs in the treatment against hair lossTo a certain extent you can strengthen your hair with herbs, because their ingredients reach the bloodstream and can nourish the hair follicles. Among a wide range of herbs, due to the characteristics desirable for our hairstyles, especially recommended are:
Horsetail prevents hair lossIt is a real treasure trove of potassium and easily digestible silica, which is a valuable building block of hair, because it relaxes and strengthens its structure. Horsetail extract provides essential ions and trace elements, disinfects and gently pulls.
In addition, it exhibits inhibitory activity graying hair, brittle and splitting ends. Silicon deficiency not only leads to hair loss, but also to tarnish the skin or brittle nails.
Rosemary prevents hair lossRosemary is rich in antioxidants that fight harmful free radicals. By improving blood flow to the scalp, rosemary extract stimulates the hair follicle growth. It is a herbal remedy for preventing hair loss and also works anti-dandruff, antiseptic and astringent.
Birch prevents hair lossIt has anti-inflammatory, purifying and refreshing. Extract from the tree regenerates hair by giving them vitality, shine, and softness. In addition, they become smooth and elastic.
Stinging nettle prevents hair lossIt is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as key minerals and lipids, which can be beneficial for the hair. Nettle blocks the conversion of testosterone into the "stronger" form or dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is the main cause of male alopecia. DHT damages the hair follicles, and the most sensitive to this hormone, the hair at the temples, because men often have thinning bends. In addition, the extract of nettle regulates sebaceous glands, making hair less superfat.
Other herbs to prevent hair loss
- Lavender refreshes the hair, controls sebum production, stimulates circulation and also it has bactericidal effects.
- Ginseng is used in Asia for thousands of years, it improves circulation and regulates cellular metabolism. The use of this perennial plants for the preparation of shampoo, help to nourish and strengthen hair. It is a good remedy for hair growth, especially in women.
- Ginkgo biloba contributes to the improvement of blood circulation, so that the hair follicles are provided more nutrients that promotes hair growth.
- As a result of treatment Alfalfa not only stop hair loss, but they also grow faster, because this plant strengthens roots.
- Preferred properties in the fight against dandruff and hair loss are also the seeds of fenugreek.