Treatment of psoriasisPsoriasis can not be cured, unfortunately, once and for all, but you can ease the nagging her distressing symptoms, namely: itching, burning and redness of the skin.
In the case of mild psoriasis should be used primarily ointments that have an exfoliating and anti-inflammatory. Satisfactory results also give ultraviolet rays (UVA, UVB, UVB311) and photochemotherapy PUVA. It will also be important salt baths and sulphate, and when they are severe skin lesions, it is used oral drugs for systemic effect.
These are drugs that require special treatment. The patient must regularly examine the blood and urine, and also measure blood pressure.
Warning! These drugs carry a risk of side effects m.in: hair loss and may be poorly tolerated. Treatment requires more frequent check-ups.
Treatment of psoriasis steroidal ointmentsPsoriasis treatment steroid creams give quick results, but the changes more quickly recur. Steroids also cause a number of side effects.
Warning! It is believed inter alia, that diabetes and obesity in patients with psoriasis may be just the result of steroid ointment for extensive areas of the skin.
Psoriatic arthritisPsoriasis affects not only the skin. I deal also often bone-joint and consequence are restricted mobility in the joints, as well as joint pain, which may eventually even lead to disability.
Psoriatic arthritis may start articular ailments, and visible lesions appear in a later stage of the disease. This type psoriasis generally affects older people.
The principles that must follow a person suffering from psoriasis:
- no scratches the scaly papules, because it may cause a worsening of symptoms of psoriasis. From tiny scratches arise mornings, which can appear new lesions;
- avoid infection and fatigue, as well as strengthen overall immunity. The symptoms of psoriasis may be caused or worsen by tonsillitis and pharyngitis;
- once in half a year, check the condition of teeth, as carious lesions may contribute to psoriasis;
- limit animal fats in the diet, and enable greater amounts necessary to support the treatment of omega - 3 and vitamin D. It should reach the fish of the sea and fish oil;
- avoid chocolate, cocoa, coffee, spicy foods and alcohol. They can result in symptoms of psoriasis.