What are the symptoms of depression?
Depression is a disease where not all patients suffering from the same symptoms. Does not always have a depressed mood, do not always feel the emptiness or lack of active life. In some people, as the main symptom of sleep disturbance may occur, and in other physical ailments (such as headaches, back, abdomen, lower abdomen).
Depression is divided into exogenous (exterior), and thus one that is caused by a reaction to a dramatic survival (eg. bereavement), or somatic disorders, as well as endogenous (internal) when suffering from it without apparent reason.
Note! This second type of depression is more difficult to treat, but this does not mean that without success.
Depressed mood and grief after the loss of a loved one is a natural reaction, but when sadness takes too long (eg. a few months of mourning) and its consequence is the difficulty in daily functioning, then the doctor diagnosed depression.
Note! During the depression can not be taken important decisions in life, because then our perception of the world is very changed.
The main symptoms of depression
- depressed mood;
- feelings of sadness and neutralization;
- inability to experience joy;
- constant feeling of anxiety, fear;
- panic attacks;
- sleep disorders, interrupted sleep and wake up earlier;
- loss of appetite and weight loss;
- impaired memory and concentration (appear as one of the first and disappear as one of the last);
- slowing the pace of thought and expression;
- reduction in the speed and ease of making the simplest decision until no possibility of taking them at all;
- release moves, in extreme cases, even to stillness;
- decrease or total lack of interest in sex;
- avoiding intimacy with loved ones.
How to recognize depression?
Note! Change from the usual humor depression is distinguished intensity and duration of symptoms. They can recur or persist for a long time and lead to difficulties in coping with everyday chores. Depression, especially that which is combined with fears or unpleasant, obsessive thoughts can lead to suicide.
Note! The family of the patient from depression should not ask him, "What you're afraid," and that's because he has no idea what, because his fear is irrational.