Diet in renal disease
The cause of the malfunction may e.g. kidney. Bacterial infection or disease, for example. diabetes. Diseased kidneys are unable to remove from the blood and excrete in the urine toxic products of metabolism.
Note! In extreme cases it is necessary dialysis (external cleaning). The patient must necessarily be under the care of a physician nephrologist. Diet is merely an adjunct to specialized treatment.
Principles of diet in renal disease
The diet should include a minimum of animal protein, to be replaced by vegetable protein.
Note! With a doctor should agree on how much fluid a day you can drink and do not use salt.
The products recommended in the diet
- milk, cottage cheese;
- stale bread, cereal;
- lean meat, sausages, fish;
- soft-boiled eggs, steamed, in T-shirts;
- boiled potatoes;
- oil, soybean oil, sunflower and rapeseed oil, olive oil, margarine;
- vegetables and fruits;
- sugar, honey, jam seedless;
- compotes, jellies, puddings;
- spices: sugar, lemon juice, dill, caraway, marjoram, salt in the amounts authorized by a physician,;
- tea, juices.
The products prohibited in the diet
- fresh bread, flour (except potato);
- cheeses, melted lard, bacon, bacon, margarine;
- cured, smoked and canned, cured meats;
- French fries, hash browns;
- alcohol, hot spices.