How to provide your body with energy?
Energy (fuel for the body) should provide, together with the sugars (carbohydrates), which are contained in the food, and this regardless of whether you are overweight or not.
Note! This rule applies to all of us.
What carbohydrates you provide your body with the food?
Carbohydrates (natural) that occur in
- fruit juices;
- dairy products;
This type of carbohydrate should be in your the menu, but you need to watch the amount consumed because of the sugar contained in them.
Note! An adult should eat 2 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegetables each day.
Serving of fruit is:
1 medium apple, banana, pear or orange;
2 small apricots, kiwi or plums;
1 cup diced fruit;
1 ½ tablespoon of raisins or dried apricots 4 halves;
½ cup (125 ml) 100% fruit juice.
Note! Fruit juices contain a lot of sugar, and therefore calories, and it does not help you lose weight. If you can not do without the juice and it is difficult to limit your intake of them - dilute it with water.
Serving of vegetables is:
½ cup cooked vegetables;
1 cup of pig iron;
½ cup cooked legumes, such .: beans, peas, lentils, broad beans.
Simple carbohydrates (refined added), that you will find:
- sugar bowl;
- sweetened beverages;
- sweets (candy, drops, chewing gum, chocolate and products czekoladopododne);
- cakes, biscuits;
- confectionery bread (buns, Challah, bagels);
- desserts, ice cream, jams.
Note! Limit the type of carbohydrates. For tea, use honey, drink fruit tea without sugar.
Complex carbohydrates which are found in products that contain starch and fiber.
Note! This type of carbohydrates should be the main "fuel" for your body. They are very important for your health.
How to provide your body with carbohydrates?
Deliver them in the form of starch, which can be found in cereals (wheat, rye, barley, oats, buckwheat, corn, rice), tubers (potatoes), roots (turnip), beans or legumes (beans, lentils, peas, peas, broad beans, soy, quinoa).
Note! In addition to the energy provide you with vitamins B, E, fiber, magnesium, iron, zinc, vitamin C (potatoes), healthy vegetable oil, calcium and protein (dry seeds of leguminous plants).
Products that are rich in complex carbohydrates
It is primarily:
- bread (wheat, graham, rye crispbread, gingerbread);
- rolls (wheat, graham, butter);
- pasta (bright, wholemeal);
- groats (buckwheat, barley, pearl barley, semolina);
- cereals (corn, oats);
- dry seeds of leguminous plants;
- Rice (white, crude);
Note! Among the products that are rich in complex carbohydrates for your special attention should be paid grains of coarse flour. In shell beans, which were raised in this product are valuable minerals, vitamins and fiber. Therefore, choose brown bread instead of clear, wholemeal pasta instead of clear, brown rice instead of white (refined).
The products listed above are characterized by a low-fat, and if it occurs, it is a healthy vegetable fat.
Note! Potatoes, pasta, bread does not cause harm to your body, just greasy extras (as you like to pour fat potatoes, and bread thickly spread with butter). Sauces, which topping the pasta, cereal or potatoes too often are oily and viscous. If you want to get rid of extra pounds - worth it to give up this habit. Sauces made with yogurt and sprinkle with dill potatoes;)
How much should you consume products containing complex carbohydrates?
An adult should eat:
- 4 (a woman);
- 6 (a man);
servings of foods that are a source of complex carbohydrates (the best will be those of whole-) each day.
Serving of grain products are:
- 2 slices of bread, 1 medium bread roll;
- 4-6 slices of crisp bread;
- 1 cup cooked rice, pasta;
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal;
- 1 ⅓ cups breakfast cereal;
- ½ cup of muesli.
- graham wholemeal bread, wholemeal, crisps;
- in moderate amounts boiled potatoes;
- traditional oatmeal;
- wholemeal flour for baking;
- wholemeal pasta, brown rice;
- bran to the batter, salads;
- cakes cereal, oatmeal (from time to time for dessert), jelly.
With these products cancel
- pastries with sugar, brioches, bread with honey.
- fried potatoes, potato chips, french fries fried in fat potato pancakes.
- cereal with honey, chocolate.
- bright multi egg noodles.
- sugar-sweetened beverages, juices sweetened with sugar, cola drinks, lemonade.